Wellcom: expertise in the field of institutions
Institutional communication requires the specialised form of know-how our teams of consultants have developed over the decades. Governmental, regional, municipal and local bodies, intermediaries and associations call on Wellcom’s skills in relation to internal and external communication.
Across issues and contexts, Wellcom uses tried and tested methods such as Origami System® to establish coherence between images and opinions, High-Touch® and 24/7® for the management of sensitive communication, with programmes that are rigorous in providing measurements of efficacy.
Here, our references in the field of institutions
The promotion of enterprise by a French département
The Sarthe is a département that is bent on economic development. With the slogan « Sarthe me up », it wants to share the secrets of its success, and to attract investment. It is keen to publicise its assets, including quality of life, to attract new projects, and to give new investors a warm welcome.
How is the dynamism of a département to be publicised?
- The media presentation of the département as an economically dynamic entity
- A PR strategy based on the « Sarthe me up » competition
Objective: to present the Sarthe département as a place to do business.
- Targeted communication (press releases and communiqués)
- Contacts with key journalists
- A press visit to Le Mans for the final of the competition
In 6 months, there were more than 30 reactions in the national and specialist media, including 6 important audiovisual rendezvous: France 2, Télématin, i>Télé, France 5, France Info and France Bleu IDF.
A digital transformation of corporate administrative procedures
In France, the Déclaration Sociale Nominative (DSN) will replace and automate the majority of returns made to the social security authorities.
As of 1 January 2016 it will be compulsory for all businesses.
The DSN involves adaptations and improvements to corporate practices, and those of bodies that administer social insurance schemes.
How is the value of the DSN for French companies to be assessed?
Strategy: to develop a form of communication that will explicate and illustrate objectives and advantages.
- To set out the procedure for the implementation of the DSN, and to facilitate its acceptance by companies
- To share feedback from early adopters, so as to prepare the definitive transition to the DSN, which will take place on 1 January 2016
- To position the DSN as a radical, concrete, practical form of simplification
- To give the GIP-MDS an expert role in the media
- Referencing the GIP-MDS and the DSN in the non-specialist press, e.g. Les Echos, Le Figaro or La Tribune.
- In-depth work, and a vectorisation of messages in order to ensure that the issues involved, and the benefits of the DSN, are brought to the attention of the non-specialist media.
- Positive reactions, both quantitative and qualitative, in the regional and national press.
Companies that have adopted the DSN ahead of the deadline
INPI validates patents, brand names, drawings and designs. Its role is to encourage and enhance innovation, and to provide assistance during the process of applying for a patent. Traditionally limited to certification and registration, its aim, at present, is to become Europe’s leading industrial property agency.
How is INPI to become an essential partner for innovative firms?
Objective: to establish INPI as a leading vector of competitiveness in France, at the heart of the government’s innovation policy.
Strategy: given a world in which the nature of innovation is undergoing unprecedented change, INPI’s objective is to achieve a media profile as a partner to those who create value and enhance French influence across the world.
- Generating media interest in INPI’s key events: trophies, ratings, etc.
- Prestigious sponsors and partners, such as Michel Gondry or Thierry Marx
- Regular communiqués by the director
- A presence on digital media, in particular Twitter and Facebook
- Clarity of media communication
- More than 465 press reactions over the course of 3 years
- A qualitative development, with excellent results
- Growing journalistic interest in INPI’s experience and expertise
Competitiveness on the national and regional levels
Mov’eo, created in 2006, brings together the main actors in the French automobile industry for collaborative R&D across the Basse-Normandie, Haute-Normandie and Ile-de-France regions. It fosters links between large and medium-sized companies, universities and laboratories, with a view to constructing clean, safe mobility for tomorrow’s needs. It brings projects and innovations from the drawing board to the marketplace.
How to promote and position Mov’eo in the media landscape as a key actor in transport and mobility for the future?
- To enhance Mov’eo’s image and profile
- To promote innovation among its members at the national and European levels
Consultation, and the formalisation of messages: audits of Mov’eo’s key executives, so as to set out guidelines for communication and positioning
Creation of content
- Press material that sets out Mov’eo’s activities
- Montages of interviews, and the coordination of reports with the printed press and audiovisual media
- A press conference to present the new director to trade journalists
- 10 informal meetings with key journalists
The identification of annual high points for the automobile sector, innovation and mobility, plus monthly editorial monitoring
- More than 400 reactions in a year
- A qualitative change, with reactions in the opinion-forming press
- Increased journalistic interest in Mov’eo with regard to analysis and expertise
Communicating the ethos of mutual insurance
La Mutualité Française comprises 500 private health insurance companies with a total of 38 million members. These are non-profit bodies that run a system of solidarity and mutual aid.
How best to inform young people about the activities and values of mutual health insurance companies?
- Accessibility and information
- A comprehensive corporate communication concept
- A 100% digital rollout
- The purchase of advertising space
- Activity on social networks
- Corporate advertising campaign: a 1’30 » clip, accompanied by 8 web series, on a range of media sites. Animation, characters, a new soundscape.
- Strong positioning: the 500 mutual insurance companies that make up La Mutualité Française work for all, without discrimination: health coverage, treatment centres and networks, preventive measures.
- A new identity: solidarity in relation to health.